Friday, July 27, 2012

bertie bee to the “b-d confusion” rescue!

 

 

A special visitor arrived in a super cool package recently.

 

 

1-IMG_1663

 

 

After writing a post about our b - d confusion in first grade woes, the author (K. I. Al-ghani) of Bertie Bumble Bee Trouble by the Letter “b” reached out to me.  She offered to send me a copy of her book – all the way from across the pond!

 

 

1-IMG_1650

 

Bertie Bee tells the story of a little bumble bee heading off to school for the first time.  Which reminded me that Trevy will be starting K in the fall.  Sniffle.  Sniffle.

 

 

Bertie is super excited about school and loooooves it!

 

 

Until…

 

2-IMG_1651

 

you guessed it!  Until he struggles with knowing the difference between the letters b and d.

 

 

It’s tricky business!  And not all that uncommon to struggle over.

 

 

Bertie goes from loving to loathing school because of his b – d struggles and the teasing of other children.

 

6-IMG_1655

 

With some really neat-o tricks his mommy gives him, Bertie soon becomes a b – d pro!

 

 

I won’t give the tips away…but they are very clever!

 

 

And we were thoroughly charmed by Bertie Bee!  In fact, we’re excited to read this book with Trevy’s K class this year because chances are there will be at least one little person who will bond with Bertie!

 

3-IMG_1652

 

 

I enjoyed Bertie Bee from cover to cover but my very favorite part (other than the author’s bio, because I’m a sucker for the backstory) is the practical advice at the end!  A wonderfully thoughtful way to end this book by giving moms, dads and teachers practical ideas to help their children learn to read!

 

 

If you have a little one struggling with b – d confusion, Bertie Bee is a terrific tool! 

 

 

You can purchase your very own copy of Bertie Bee on Amazon.com and be sure to check out other books written by the author and her son!

 

…danielle

 

 

***this is my little space to disclaim that I received a copy of Bertie Bumble Bee: Troubled by the Letter B in exchange for my review.  No other compensation was received. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my honest own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment