Friday, October 14, 2011

e-mealz (a TOS review)

 

 

I can do a lot of things successfully.  More things than I ever imagined I could, even!

 

 

Which is why it’s so weird that this thing always trips me up.

 

 

I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around it?

 

 

Or maybe it’s because I have no mind left to wrap?  What with being used up in homeschooling and Trevy caring and marriage building and all.

 

 

Meal Planning.

 

 

Phooie!

 

 

For the life of me I just can’t seem to make it work!  And I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I just need a (works for the warm fuzzy feeling of helping a mommy feed her family cause that’s budget-able for us) personal chef!  

 

 

E-Mealz isn’t quite a live in personal chef.  But my month worth of no mind wrapping needed menus and shopping lists came awfully close! 

 

 

The Scoop (according to me):   

 

image

 

  • Firstly, the graphics are all so cute.  Very Pinterest worthy.  And I was sucked right in!  Because really, how could something so cute not be a great find? Winking smile
  • e-mealz is a great tool for moms on the go.
  • At $5 a month, it’s affordable too.
  • You can choose from a variety of menu specific options including: Walmart, Aldi, Gluten Free, Low Fat, Portion Control and more!
  • A main focus at e-mealz is frugality which means all the menus are planned to be as budget friendly as possible. 
  • The week’s recipes and shopping lists are easy to read and printer friendly at just two pages.  And they look cute and organized hanging in a page protector on my fridge.   
  • I like the variety of each week’s menus.  Here’s a sample of some dinners we tried:  Creamy Parsley Chicken, Baked Spaghetti, Swiss Steak, Chicken Kabobs and Cheddar Broccoli Quiche. 

    image

    (sample meal plan printout)

  • Con Alert.  One thing that I have come to loathe is the auto-renewal that so many companies use as a marketing strategy.  I am NOT a fan of auto-renewal.  I have been burned one too many times with a forgotten subscription showing up on our credit card bill.  e-mealz does use auto renewal.  You will have to manually change that in your account after you’ve launched a membership.  That was a Con for me.  While I agree it’s a great service and chances are you might not want to discontinue services…I still like to have the choice on my own.

 

 

The Summary

 

I really like e-mealz.  I loved the grocery list component and how organized it all was.  There’s just something so compelling about a neatly organized shopping list and menu!   

 

After hem-hawing for a while…I opted for the Family Plan.  Unfortunately, we don’t live close to any of the store choices so I had to just go with the generic option.  But it worked.  And definitely helped keep me on task at the store!  Rather than my typical plan-less wandering!   

 

While not all of the meals appealed to our family, most of them did.  There was only one week that was a total wash out.  But we’re picky.  Smile   

 

Will I keep my membership after our three month trial period?  I’m not sure.  I might still need that personal chef to go with it.  But I would certainly give a girlfriend an e-mealz gift trial for Christmas! 

 

 

Read what others are saying here

 

…danielle

 

This is where I disclaim to you that my family was granted a three month membership of this product at no cost in return for an honest and timely review on this blog

 

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I absolutely love e-mealz!! It simplifies my life so much and I can not wait to see what the new menu is going to be each week. I only cook at home 5 days a week so we just pick and choose what meals we will use.

    ReplyDelete