I can do a lot of things successfully. More things than I ever imagined I could, even!
Which is why it’s so weird that this thing always trips me up.
I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around it?
Or maybe it’s because I have no mind left to wrap? What with being used up in homeschooling and Trevy caring and marriage building and all.
For the life of me I just can’t seem to make it work! And I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I just need a (works for the warm fuzzy feeling of helping a mommy feed her family cause that’s budget-able for us) personal chef!
E-Mealz isn’t quite a live in personal chef. But my month worth of no mind wrapping needed menus and shopping lists came awfully close!
The Scoop (according to me):
- Firstly, the graphics are all so cute. Very Pinterest worthy. And I was sucked right in! Because really, how could something so cute not be a great find?
- e-mealz is a great tool for moms on the go.
- At $5 a month, it’s affordable too.
- You can choose from a variety of menu specific options including: Walmart, Aldi, Gluten Free, Low Fat, Portion Control and more!
- A main focus at e-mealz is frugality which means all the menus are planned to be as budget friendly as possible.
- The week’s recipes and shopping lists are easy to read and printer friendly at just two pages. And they look cute and organized hanging in a page protector on my fridge.
- I like the variety of each week’s menus. Here’s a sample of some dinners we tried: Creamy Parsley Chicken, Baked Spaghetti, Swiss Steak, Chicken Kabobs and Cheddar Broccoli Quiche.
(sample meal plan printout)
- Con Alert. One thing that I have come to loathe is the auto-renewal that so many companies use as a marketing strategy. I am NOT a fan of auto-renewal. I have been burned one too many times with a forgotten subscription showing up on our credit card bill. e-mealz does use auto renewal. You will have to manually change that in your account after you’ve launched a membership. That was a Con for me. While I agree it’s a great service and chances are you might not want to discontinue services…I still like to have the choice on my own.
I really like e-mealz. I loved the grocery list component and how organized it all was. There’s just something so compelling about a neatly organized shopping list and menu!
After hem-hawing for a while…I opted for the Family Plan. Unfortunately, we don’t live close to any of the store choices so I had to just go with the generic option. But it worked. And definitely helped keep me on task at the store! Rather than my typical plan-less wandering!
While not all of the meals appealed to our family, most of them did. There was only one week that was a total wash out. But we’re picky.
Will I keep my membership after our three month trial period? I’m not sure. I might still need that personal chef to go with it. But I would certainly give a girlfriend an e-mealz gift trial for Christmas!
Read what others are saying here
This is where I disclaim to you that my family was granted a three month membership of this product at no cost in return for an honest and timely review on this blog