Sunday, March 20, 2011

it's really hard to appreciate science when your toes are freezing!

That's what we discovered last night.


When The Hubs marshaled us all up. All except the baby who snoozes early.But The Hubs...he was SO excited to show us the Perigee Moon. In case you hadn't heard...it was 14% bigger and 30% brighter than normal.





Last time it happened was '93. So it really was a big deal. And I really wanted to fully appreciate the splendor of it. And I'm sure if we lived in a more moderate climate I would have. Fully.


But as it were...we practically live in the Arctic.  Least that's how the air in The Ocean State feels this side of Africa (not so long aga we  were playing missionary in Tanzania. Which I like to randomly bring up because it makes me feel exotic and well traveled).  My freezing toes were only game for a handful of seconds worth of scientific appreciation.


The Big Brother and The Sister's toes agreed.


Next time we'll have to remember to wear our slippers.


No comments:

Post a Comment