Sunday, September 30, 2012

tools I can't live without

A random list of things I use on a daily (or a whole lot) basis:

  • Grams.  Everyone should have one!  She helps SO much with Trevy (who requires 100% supervision 100% of the time).  She's available at the drop of a hat to keep the kids should Trevy have unexpected medical appointments.  She can even help with homeschooling when I need it.  I can't imagine being able to do this (and stay sane!) without my mom's help.  
  • Painter's Tape.  If you haven't discovered the wonders of painters tape yet...you're going to want to kiss me once you do!  I use this to hang everything paperish.  The kids love our Wall of Fame where I display their best work and art projects.  And the Hubs loves that the painters tape doesn't damage the walls! 
  • Magnetic Tape.  I slap this stuff on everything!  Works great on the back of sheet protectors.  Inside of which I can place baseball schedules, chore charts, meal plans, anything really.  And then mount it to the fridge or the side of my metal filing cabinet.  I've used it on foam letters and numbers and shapes (you'll have to use foam glue or a hot glue gun to make it stick).  I've laminated flash cards and popped some on the back.  I just looooove magnetic anything.  And magnetic tape just comes in SO handy.  And it's a perfect match for my obsession with...
  • White Boards.  I have them and use them all the time.  I have two large boards mounted in my school/therapy room plus little hand held boards for lap games.  I have board work for the 4th Grader.  Like, writing our phone number and address among other things.  I have the Littles use them to sort letters, shapes, colors, whatever.  All the kids love to just free style draw on them.  There is really no limit on what you can do with a white board.  I totally *heart* them!  
  • Multi-colored Sharpies.  Because who doesn't love them?  I do keep mine way out of Trevy's reach though.  Cause I'm not sure if a Magic Eraser would remove the marks...and I don't want to find out!
  • Homeschool Tracker.  How did I manage before I found this wonderful tool?!  I use the freebie version.  But I love it so much that I'm tempted to buy the full.      
  • Sticky Notes.  I love the shaped varieties best.  Another use it for everything tool!  I use it to mark special spots in my planner, as labels, as bookmarks... You name it. 

1 comment:

  1. In my experience the magic eraser does not remove sharpies! Samantha was using them to draw (I didn't know she was) and got it all over my hardwood floor. Over time it has worn off. But everything I tried didn't work.

    ReplyDelete