Friday, August 17, 2012

randomnings

 

 

Trevy to Uncle Byron: Dih-Doh (Bristel) hit me

 


Uncle Byron: Bristel hit you?

 


Trevy: YEEEEEESH!

 


Bristel: Oh Trevor, stop taking all the credit! You hit me too!

 

 

**********

 

I really should stop ignoring them so much.  On the way home from the wading pool Trevy was hollering in the back seat and I tuning him out.

 

 

According to Bristel he was hollering…

 

 

I nakey!

 

 

And sure enough, that’s how I found him.  He was already shirtless but somehow stripped off his bottoms with his seatbelt on and was beaming in all his birthday suit glory when we finally stopped.

 

 

**********

 

 

Toby finds me in the kitchen and says with a sigh…

 

 

I’m glad I found you, Mom.  I need to talk to you.

 

 

Around a mouthful I ask ‘bout what.

 

 

Life

 

 

He says.  With another melancholic sigh.  I don’t think I was supposed to snicker and choke.  But hey…it was cute.

 

 

**********

 

 

Bristel and Toby have been nit-picking at each other all morning. Bristel disappeared outside for awhile and comes in to inform Toby:

 


I created a sword to defeat you with!

 

It's covered in spider webs and bird poop!

 

 

**********

 

 

Bristel: Mom, if you were wondering where I was (which I wasn't...) I was in the basement looking at my baby clothes. They're SO cute it made me cry!

 

Yep, she's sappy like her mommy!

 

 

**********

 

So last night at the beach there was this big burly dude (think biker…complete with handle bar ‘stash) sprawled out on his stomach reading the newspaper. Trevy notices him...dashes-too-quick-for-me-to-catch over...sprawls out on HIS tummy and nonchalantly says…

 

 

yeah, I five.

 

 

**********

 

TMI alert

 

Trevy just woke up from his nap and the first thing we do is go potty always. Well, someone left a "gift" for us in the toilet. Trevy, who is already perched on the pot peeks down and sees it floating by and without missing a beat says...

 


Hiiiiiii...

 

(pause)


Bristel's poop!

 

**********

 

Bristel keeps saying, "it's smokin' hot outside". She's been on this kick for weeks now. Smokin’ hot this.  Smokin’ hot that.

 

 

IDKwhy...but it cracks me up!

 

 

**********

 

Have I ever mentioned that I love being their mommy!?

 

 

…danielle

3 comments:

  1. Every last one of these made me laugh! I love this look at your kids personalities! And this is the stuff you're going to read back to them when they are older and they are going to laugh right along with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm visiting from the workbox group, by the way. I'd love it if you came by my neck of the woods at www.LittleLearningLovies.com/wordpress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sandie! I started collecting these funny little moments a long time ago...because it helped me smile during some sad stretches. I stopped somewhere along the way...but then my oldest son was reading through them and laughing out loud and I thought...I really need start it up again. Makes me smile that you laughed with us!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete