Monday, March 12, 2012

Progeny Press (a TOS review)

 

image

 

Progeny Press offers literature guides for K through high school.  They have over 100 titles from which to choose. 

 

 

What’s the point of literature guides?  Progeny Press guides are focused on increasing critical thinking, comprehension, analysis, appreciation of classical literature and Christian application.  

 

 

You can explore products by clicking the boxes below…

 

 


item3bitem3item3b1item3c1item3b1a

 

 

For our family, I chose to review Across Five Aprils

 

 

image

 

 

 

I knew this book would be a good choice for my 5th Grader – who happens to love all things historical.  Especially Civil War Era.  Our local library happened to have Across Five Aprils on cd.  It’s always nice to snuggle up on the couch and listen together. 

 

 

Our review was the PDF version (click here for sample) which I added to my dropbox account.  This way we could listen to the cd and read the lit guide on the iPad at the same time.  Which allowed for more discussion and less stress over time management.  Also…if you’re more old school…there is no limit on how many copies you can print.  The company only asks that you do not sell the PDF version and do not post the link online.  A Progeny Press guide would be great for a mom (read: me) who was interested in hosting a Book Club eventually.  Smile

 

 

The curriculum is user friendly and thought provoking.  I love that Scripture is incorporated into the lessons.  I also love the draw back to rich literature study.  I could definitely see myself purchasing another guide and leading a Book Club someday. 

 

 

…danielle

 

 

***disclaimer – I was given a PDF copy of the Across Five Aprils literature study guide for the purposes of this review.  All thoughts expressed here are my own.  I received no other compensation.  Visit TOS homeschool crew website to read what others thought of Progeny Press.***  

No comments:

Post a Comment