Thursday, June 23, 2011

final essay! summer here we come!



“underneath the poor grammar and atrocious spelling lies the heart and soul of a great writer”
-- quote from a movie







Baltimore Orioles
by Toby

My favorite bird is the Baltimore oriole. Not just because I like the team but because it is graceful and beautiful to me. If you are like me and want to see an oriole. Just put jelly, peanut butter and other things in the bird feeder. Baltimore orioles eat caterpillars, blossoms, fruit, and berries.
The Baltimore oriole grows about 7 or 8 inches long. That’s big! The male has an orange or yellow flamed stomach and has dark black hood. The female has a burnt orange stomach and a brown hood. If you ever go to the mall in Baltimore they have banners of them everywhere.
The Baltimore oriole lays 3-5 eggs in a cocoon shaped nest. There is a hole in the middle of the nest just big enough for the eggs to lie in. Once the babies hatch they can start flying in two weeks. I just love Baltimore orioles.

********************

Mommy Notes

I was VERY impressed with his essay!  This is his rough draft.  I always love his content…it’s just his grammar that drives me crazy.  I was just over the moon with how well put together this essay turned out.  Very little corrections needed!  Guess he really is ready for summer break!  

…danielle  


No comments:

Post a Comment