- Chocolate Chips
- Pretzel Stix
- Foam Bowls
- Microwave & Microwave Safe Dishes
- Stirring Utensils
- Super Delicious Cute-y Kid(s)
- Mommy and/or Mommy’s Helper (this craft works best when mommy is well relaxed and caffeinated! )
- Fine Motor Development (breaking pretzels, stirring, etc)
- Math (counting pretzels, peeps and chocolate chips)
- Science (birds are Science-y, right?)
- Colors (yellow peeps)
- Receptive & Expressive Speech
- Following Directives
- Attention Span (Trevy worked on this for about 10 minutes. IN A ROW!)
Start by having your Munchkin break the pretzel stix over foam bowl. I’m sure you’ve guessed by now that the bowl is Peep’s nest.
:: smile ::
You can work on Math by counting the pretzels and comparing sizes. Receptive Language by giving simple one (or two, if you’re brave) step directions. Example:
Break the pretzels, Trevy
Put pretzels in the bowl, Trevy
Stop munching the pretzels!
Next, have your little one help you pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave just until melty. Stir.
This may require some Hand Over Hand assistance.
And if your Monkey thought the pretzels were yummy…
just wait til’ they get a lick of melty chocolate chips!
Pour melted chocolate over pretzels.
Add your Peep(s).
This is where I fess up and admit that while I supplied an extra set of hands, this craft was Miss. Home Based Therapy’s. She also supplied most of the ingredients. Gosh, I love her!