Sunday, September 16, 2012

knock knock interactive speech (and let your imagination run wild with more ideas!) game

 

 

I am a believer in the Ecclesiastes Principal.

 

 

Meaning…

 

 

“there is nothing new under the sun”

 

 

Chances are you’ve either done something or seen something similar before.  But just in case…allow me to share with you one of Trevy’s all time fave games.  Evah!

 

 

1-IMG_1835

 

The idea is fairly simple.  I’m a fan of simple, by the way.

 

2-IMG_1836

 

Use jumbo plastic Easter eggs and hide fun things inside.

 

3-IMG_1837

 

Simple…

 

 

with a twist!

 

 

The twist being you choose targeted goodies to hide inside.

 

6-IMG_1844

 

 

For this particular tray the “fun things” he’ll find inside are aimed at all things Speech-y.  With some goofy character friends mixed in because I love the way he laughs when Elmo pops out. 

 

This time we were working on some tricky speech sounds.  I happened to have little squares with pictures of a dog, cat, jam and a bag.  All beginning sounds he struggles to produce.  You don’t have to use pictures though!  Actually, Trevy prefers more tactile things.  Especially for making shaker noise purposes!  Think Little People animals.  Color cubes.  Magnetic letters.  Maybe your focus isn’t going to be Speech but sorting or numbers or sight words!  The possibilities are really limitless!

 

 

**make sure to always monitor your littles if you’re using bitty choking hazard pieces**

 

 

If your child does have speech needs, be sure to ask your speech therapist what specific sounds your child is working on.  Maybe she even has cute little PECS cards you can laminate and use.  I always always ask the professionals for help!  They have access to tools I don’t.  And sometimes even better ideas than me?!  I know, crazy, right?  In love   I’m also a believer in building that team spirit.  When I ask for their help it reflects that I respect their expertise AND we’re working at home too!  Because we’re a TEAM.  Team Trevy!

 

 

4-IMG_1838

 

I make him say, “knock knock…who’s there”

 

before he has the joy of finding whatever is hidden inside.  I just think it’s cute.  Plus, it won’t be long before all his friends will be telling knock knock jokes and I’m hoping he’ll recognize the phrasing through our game.

 

5-IMG_1839

 

 

Trevy loves this game so much that I have it out on a shelf for him to grab whenever he’d like to play.

 

 

I love that there are SO many educational directions you can go with this game and they all end with the same three letter word…

 

 

FUN!

 

 

…danielle 

 

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! My kids are always telling rediculous Knock Knock jokes :)

    I'm new to your blog so I'm off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock knock jokes are the best!

    Thanks for visiting!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun ideas!! Thanks for sharing!
    Stopping by from the Crew!

    ReplyDelete