Tuesday, January 24, 2012

her 1st Grade workboxes

 

 

    bristel's workboxes and Trevy's snowman 001 

  The portable file box has been working SO great for her big brother, that I decided to get her one too!  In pink, of course.  I’m now using the IKEA Trofast for Trevy’s Trays (aka workboxes)

 

 

bristel's workboxes and Trevy's snowman 002

I bought my file totes at Walmart for just five buckaroos. 

I *heart* everything about them. 

But especially how it makes taking our school work with us (you know…to Grams’ house) SO easy!

 

bristel's workboxes and Trevy's snowman 003

 

 

 

 

 

 

ABA and Workboxing 1st Grade 008

In her boxes…

Math is Abeka 1.  She’s learning fractions.  We’re loving our felt fractions, made for us by a crafty friend!

 

 

ABA and Workboxing 1st Grade 006

Language is Abeka 1, along with Spelling and Phonics

 

We’re also using the Abeka for Reading.  I did move her from the middle group down to the Tigers.  I was the best thing I could have done!  She’s reading with more success.  More success equals less stress!  Hooray for less stress!

 

ABA and Workboxing 1st Grade 014

She practices Piano daily.  My mom gives the kids lessons for now.

And spends looooots of time playing with her favorite Christmas gift!  I LOVE the iPod!  SO many ways to use it. 

 

ABA and Workboxing 1st Grade 015

 

Extra work includes:  Abeka’s 1st Grade History & Health one day a week.  I have her big brother read several pages to her.  This way he’s getting a refresher course, read aloud practice and some sibling bonding.  Ice Skating…ahem…PE once a week.  She also is involved in our town’s basketball program.  She may not be a fan but she sure does look cute on the court!   We’re using Apologia’s Exploring Astronomy M,W,F.  We do this together.  She’s our trampoline peer model for Special Olympics – which I like to think of as Character Training.  Smile  And attends a Bible Club at my parent’s church (my hubby is a pastor too) once a week.

 

 

I know that sounds like gobs of stuff.  And some days it feels like it.  On those days, we just focus on Reading, Writing and Math.  The rest is cake.  Smile

 

 

…danielle  

1 comment: