His 5th Grade Workboxes:
- Math. 5/4 Saxon. This is a carry over from last year, and he’s over half way through. I love Saxon. Especially when we do mental math together in the mornings.
- English. 5th Grade ACE. Test day.
- Spelling. 5th Grade ACE Word Building. Test day.
- History & Geography. 5th Grade ACE Social Studies.
- Civics. Hail to the Chief workbook. He finished his MapSkills book and is now working through this great little Target dollar section find. It covers all the presidents up to current. I’m having him do a page a day.
- Creative Writing. 3 days a week I have him write in his journal. He must write at least 4 complete sentences from a prompt. Today’s prompt is: You’re a reporter. What 5 questions would you ask the Indians?
- Music. On-going piano practice & lessons.
- Science. Apologia’s Exploring Astronomy. We’re digging in the Mercury chapter.
- Reading. Greetings From the 50 States and How They Got Their Names. He eats up anything historical-ish.
- Read Aloud. The Tale of Despereux.
- PE. Basketball. This is the first season that his Dad is helping coach. So far…he’s loving it.
Ever since we got this great little desk off free-cycle,
Which fits perfect in his bedroom…
I’ve been mulling over switching up his workboxes. I think I’m going to buy one of those little plastic filing boxes from Walmart. The kind with the lid that has a handle. And use hanging folders instead. That way, his boxes are easy to travel to where ever is most comfortable for him. Much of his work is independent now, so I think it might work. Plus, it would open up the other boxes to use with the 1st Grader and the Preschooler…
to be nosy like me and peek in others workboxes visit…