So what’s in her workboxes lately?
- Math – we’re using Abeka’s Arithmetic 1 and loving it! Math is just coming naturally to her. This week she’s started measuring with a ruler and learning how to tell time. Along with Addition & Subtraction through the number 7.
- Language Arts (Letters & Sounds, Language,Spelling) – we’re using Abeka for Language Arts as well. Not as much love happening here. It feels more like work. I’m more and more convinced that she just does not process things auditor-ily. Some tricks I’ve been using to help keep her motivated include: reviewing our special sounds while bouncing on the trampoline; brushing her hair while moving through her seatwork (she looooves); and earning a piece of candy after each completed subject. Gotta love Halloween candy! For Spelling I really really need to buy alphabet stamps. That…or a new curriculum!
- Reading – my same wonderful friend who made my adorable felt fractions…is loaning me TipToes! Somehow (mommy flake moment) I managed to not order it!
- Piano – daily practice and weekly lessons with Grams. Although my mom’s health has been dodge-y lately. She was just diagnosed with asthma and there are more tests pending to get to the bottom of what’s going on. If you’re reading this today…would you mind lifting her up in prayer? We love & need Grams (to keep my sanity)!
- Creative Writing – I’m just using a little crayola booklet with space for a picture on top and a few lines below. I go back through and correct her spelling and punctuation…but that’s more so we can giggle over it at the end of the year!
- Science – once weekly I gather both the kiddos to explore astronomy with Apologia.
- Cursive – our whole family has fine motor issues! Um…and we like things perfect. Not a great combo when it comes to learning cursive! I saw a really great idea this week…to use a sand tray for letter learning and immediately my mind went whirling twirling with ideas. I happened to have the perfect tray already because I snagged a Circo (from Target) large beads kit that was on sale. I bought the beads for Trevy’s Trays…but the cute case is perfect for his cursive learning big sister!
be nosey like me and take a peek at others workboxing with