Wednesday, October 5, 2011

her 1st grade workboxes

 

 

Her 1st Grade Boxes

 

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 002

Abeka Arithmetic 1

 

She’s doing SO good in Math!  Right now that’s her fave subject.

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 003

 

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 004

Piano

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 006

Language Arts binder has a folder for…

Language 1

Spelling & Poetry 1

Letters & Sounds 1

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 007

We use a mini whiteboard for her mini sheet work.

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 008

Abeka Letters & Sounds 1 for her Phonics work.

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 009

I discovered a great Scientific truth this week.

M&Ms help focus!

She earns one for every page she reads to me without getting silly or distracted. 

And wa-la suddenly reading isn’t taking an hour to trudge through anymore!  And we may even squeeze in an extra page or two!  

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 010

I found those Primary Phonics books at the library!  They’re perfect for her right now!

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 011

Cursive

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 012

 

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 013

History and Geography

We all do this together in the mornings.  I consider it a refresher for the 5th grader.

bristel's workboxes and trevy montessori 014

Computer time includes BigIQkids and Webkinz

 

Workbox Wednesday

 

…danielle

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Love that I'm not the only one to use "treats" to help my kids focus! We use chocolate chips or mini marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this. I just started workboxes with my little man so this helps getting some ideas. Was never aware of the link up till now. Have a good weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle...how did I not think of treats as a focus aid before?! And as always...thanks for the great link up. :)

    Crisc...Hope you start linking up too! Cause I love idea gleaning!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to start resorting to treats soon too!

    ReplyDelete