Wednesday, September 28, 2011

his (5th grade) workboxes

 

His Workboxes

 

Math first rule…

 

and then the rest may or may not be completed in the order shown.

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 033

 

He’s working on dividing larger numbers now and learning how to check his work when he’s done. 

 

image

 

Both kids follow up their Math lesson with BigIQkids.com Math drills.  I’m using this rather than the Saxon daily drills. 

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 034

 

Both kids have Piano lessons with Super Grams.  She raves about Toby’s natural timing.  I laugh.  Because I love him and I’ve seen him dance! Winking smile

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 035

 

5th Grade ACE

 

(and aren’t you proud that I braved letting you see his penmanship!)

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 036

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 037

 

We’re using ACE for English as well this year. 

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 038

 

We haven’t implemented Penmanship yet because ACE offers a lot of Penmanship practice built right into each lesson. 

 

Of course…I keep threatening him that if I can’t read his writing…we’ll be adding Penmanship to our school day too!

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 039

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 040

 

5th Grade Social Studies with ACE.

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 041

 

Plus a daily MapSkills sheet.  I *heart* MapSkills!  So does he. 

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 044

 

He finished up Swamp Robber yesterday and owes me a book report today. 

 

I also let him check out a couple Magic Tree Houses while we’re waiting for the next Sugar Creek Gang book to arrive at the library. 

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 045

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 046

 

Journal is really Creative Writing. 

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 047

 

The paper below is from Monday’s assignment.  But it was SO beautiful that I had to give myself a mommy brag moment. 

 

Smile

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 012

 

We also have Science today. 

 

The kiddos do this together on Weds and Friday afternoons. 

 

workboxes, Sun study, Trevy Trays to be blogged 048

 

We’re on the Sun Chapter.

 

And since I didn’t purchase the notebooking journals, I decided we’ll be making our own lapbooks along the way. 

 

Can you tell those are handprint suns on the front cover? 

 

Click me to peek in more of our boxes!

…danielle

 

 

I’m linking up to…

Chestnut Grove Academy Homeschool Blog Roll
 
 
Workbox Wednesday

…I hope you will too (cause I like being nosey)!

5 comments:

  1. His penmanship is great! You should see my 4th grader! LOL Funny how I have very neat, block writing (and left-handed), but my kids have "doctor writing"! LOL

    I didn't purchase the journals to go with Astronomy either. We're using one subject notebooks and adding drawings, summaries, mini-books (from lapbooks free on-line), etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It drives me batty that he has the lines to follow and STILL has sloppy writing!

    But he is a lefty. And a boy. Soooooo...

    I tell him all the time that he clearly needs to grow up to be doctor! lol

    Shame we don't live closer. We could do Science together. :)

    ...d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up on the blog roll, hope you'll come back and link up at workbox wednesday when the link goes live! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up on WW! We love Magic Tree House here too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up with Workbox Wednesday! We do Math first here too (and BigIQKids)! Looks like a great line-up!

    ReplyDelete